Friday 15 February 2013

Birthday 2012.


Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me...

Ok, I am well aware that the title says '2012', as this is actually just a little snapshot ('blast from the past' if you will) of my birthday last year. 
I've been feeling a bit down because all of my friends and practically everyone in my year will be setting off to New York on Sunday, and thanks to my ever so annoying illness *swears violently*, I am unable to go. I wasn't told that I couldn't go, it was completely my decision, but even so, I'll probably spend most of next week wishing I was having fun with everyone in America.

So I decided to have a scroll through some of my photos, and I came across some of my birthday last year. 
A little odd fact about me is that I'm not a massive lover of cake. I'd always have cake at other people's birthdays, and I do like little cupcakes, but I seem to have one slice and then completely hate it.
Knowing this, my mum had an idea for a slightly different and 'quirky' birthday surprise...


I wandered into the kitchen, where a big sign had been stuck to the wall. The table had been covered in pink netting and ribbons, and then filled with different pots and jars of sweets. This was in place of 'the birthday cake'.







I would say that this was definitely the best birthday (cake?) I have ever received. An actual cake was made (you can't have a birthday without making a wish and blowing out the candles right?), but I didn't take any pictures of it, I guess the sweets occupied most of my time!

As in 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang', it was Truly Scrumptious!

Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment